We used to sell these in our shop on the Kings Road. As soon as we made a batch, our chef would have to make another because they were such a hit!
These macaroons are dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and they do contain egg white.
This recipe is super easy and makes a batch of 15. They are perfect for any occasion and a recipe, which will impress.
6 cups of desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla powder
500ml Coconut Milk (The canned milk is the best)
¾ Egg white
100g Dairy Free Chocolate (We used Moo Free)
1, Heat the oven to 200/fan 180/gas.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a kitchen aid. When it has a frothy appearance, add the stevia. Let whisk for one more minute.
3 Add the vanilla powder and the coconut milk
4. Add the coconut. Make sure that the liquid mixture is totally mixed with the desiccated coconut.
5. Whilst the mix is being whisked, use a silicon cookery mat and place on a baking tray.
6. Take a handful of the mixture and pat into a circular shape, make sure that it is firm and not sloppy, and place on the silicone mat. The mixture will make around 15-17 macaroons.
7. Place in the oven and leave for 30-5 minutes. The Macaroons should look slightly toasted and should be firm.
8. Let them cool.
9. When you are ready to cover the macaroons in chocolate, leave the macaroons in the fridge for 15 minutes. This will harden them. Melt the chocolate using a Bain Marie method. Once the chocolate is melted, holding the macaroon firmly with one hand, dip the macaroon so that the base is covered. Place the dipped macaroon on the silicone mat,
10. When all macaroons have been dipped, you can then drizzle the excess chocolate over all of the macaroons. This is a fun and messy process. We tend to use a teaspoon for this.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.